How do we approach taking portraits? This may be about conquering your fear of photographing strangers or perhaps you are confident but want to challenge your approach and outcome. Let’s use this opportunity to dig deep into our practice and make images that stay with us.
This is not just about walking the streets. The workshop is divided into parts. Your approach out and shooting – photographing strangers your personal development both artistically and commercially there will be in depth discussions on anything you need help with mixed with exploring experimental analog techniques and approaches. Think of this as a workshop tailored to you. With a small group this will be intimate and aim to push you out of your comfort zone in a safe space.
Two days workshop:
JUNE 3 RD & 4 TH 2023
Between Paola, San Lucido, Fumefreddo Bruzio and Amantea (CS). Mountains, coastline, turquoise waters and rolling green mountains with olive, orange and lemon trees. Need I say more?
The workshop is priced at
€ 500 for the two days with an early bird price of € 400.
You will need to organise your flights and accomodation. A full itinerary will be provided once your place is secured but this is flexible and you are free to use the time as you see fit.
The deadline for earlybird priced applications is 7 may.
HOW DO I KNOW IF IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Rest assured that i will be reviewing each application to ensure there is a group that is aligned. The main criteria is that
- you have a basic understanding and passion for photography and can work with a camera manually
- analog is encouraged but not mandatory
- whether you are studying a ba, ma or just have an interest in photography is irrelevant. This is designed for those that want to further thier skills beyond basic photography
- you are respectful, organised and committed
Places are limited (10). Your application will need to present:
- what you intend to use the time for (max 500 words)
- 10 images that represent your practice
- a receipt of payment
- your cell number incl area code, website, instagram and email
To secure a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org and if available you will then be allocated your place after payment.
The aim of this programme is to offer support to further your creative journey.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: MAY 22